Monday, January 5, 2009

Alpha Males I

Had a meeting with three alpha males today: my boss, my other boss, and his boss. They are all really nice guys but try saying even one word. The meeting is about whether I can deliver my product on time in that new application I once mentioned being trained AS IF on. My other boss, cutting me off: "Ora, I know what you're going to say. You're going to say blah blah blada blah..."

Fifteen minutes later, the three of them are still arguing, Other Boss turns out not to be a mind reader, I have not asked my question, I'm not listening to a thing that any of them are saying cause I'm concentrating, trying to find an opportunity to ask my very important question, and I'm wondering how anyone has the energy to be an alpha male.

And what reminded me of this was the recent post about going back to work by Wits Bitch who I tried for the first time today, and to which I could totally relate. Except that since they recently layed off 25% of my coworkers, and keep talking about our dreary outlook, kissing corporate ass does not bother me right now. In fact, I am willing to kiss the entire middle and upper management's asses in an ass-kissing marathon, just let me stay. Line up outside my gray cubicle and I'll kiss till my lips fall off.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck holding onto that precious job. I got laid off in November (after 16 years with the company), although in my case, I'm glad it happened. I hope you get a chance to be heard more often around the alpha males. (Silly alpha males.)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your still employed, and hope the line at your cubicle isn't too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NGIP - Sometimes that can be a good thing - I got this one after being laid off and it was the best thing that could've happened. Hope you find one you like.

    Aoi - Thanks, I really like this job, just hate the little gray cloud hanging overhead.

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments welcome...