Saturday, May 23, 2009

Missing Zebra and Polygamists

Now that Zebra is gone work is really boring. No morning email to discuss our favorite passtime, FLDS, or polygamists. It seems like just two weeks ago we had a polygamy marathon. That isn't a euphamism for an orgy, and no, we did not become sister-wives, but we watched three back-to-back episodes of Big Love, season I, which we had missed because this banana republic plopped us down smack in the second season. We never knew how Nicky and Margene came to marry Bill and Barb. (Strangely, we still don't, even after the first three episodes of season I.) Anyway, I'll always remember that afternoon.

Before we discovered polygamists, we had both commented that we needed a wife in our respective marriages. It would be nice to have someone to do the shopping, clean the house, watch the kids, etc. It's really hard to find good help, and it's quite expensive. Anyway, there was just that stickly little problem of consumation, but we'd cross that bridge when we got there.

My remaining work friends are great, and we spend many a lunch break discussing American Idol and other top quality cultural diversions, but the polygamy bug has not yet bit them.

Zebra's division went belly-up, and they all got their walking papers. Damn recession. It seems like only yesterday, or maybe last month, Zebra and I were discussing our road trip to Utah. Now that probably won't happen. It probably wouldn't happen anyway, but one can dream.

2 comments:

  1. Damn recession is right! We had a bunch of closed office doors at work today and 2 people ended up layed off.
    It was good to hear from you again on my blog Ora, since I left EntreCard I've been trying to figure out a new blog hopping schedule.
    I'm following you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sue, glad to hear from you too, and glad your blog is still there. Two blogs I liked disappeared while I was offline... Anyway, I see you've posted so I'll be by again.

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments welcome...